Monday, November 26, 2007

You have got to be freeking kidding!!!!

OK, so I know that there are many people out there who are struggling with things way more important than the crap that I am going through.But heck, it is my crap and this is my blog and I will complain cause I can.

This was one of those days. You know the type; no matter what I "attempted" to do, it didn't work out exactly right. OK so first of all, I had school this morning. Of course it was cold and rainy and foggy out. The kind of day that makes you want to stay in bed. But no, I went to school. Now my husband used my vehicle all weekend and wouldn't you know it, left it on empty. How nice is that, going out to your car in the rain and fog and cold and finding that you have to stop for gas. And I really did need to stop because I drive a big ass Denali that burns gas like, well like a big ass truck. SO I really needed gas. OK so that was the first thing. Then I went to class and got a wonderful grade on my most recent math exam. Not! It sucked! And what sucks more is I am really working my ass off for these grades and I am honestly beginning to think that I am either retarded or up until now I earned my 4.0 GPA by pure luck. Cause this class sucks big time. After school I ran by Old Navy to exchange a coat I got for my daughter. They didn't have the correct size in. Of Course They Didn't!! SO then on to the grocery store. I just needed a few things. An hour later I am on my way home. Get home and my kids(who were off school today) were in the process of making lunch and a royal-big-ass-mess. Still in their pajamas of course. So I cleaned up their mess, put groceries away, made my lunch, made my bed, sorted the clean laundry and then gathered the dirty laundry. Put in a load (it is now 12:30-tired? Yea, me too!). Then I decided to make a cake for my brats..I mean kids. Got the cake in the oven and started on my split pea soup. OK so things are starting to go a little better. Soup is cooking and I am doing homework. My oldest son comes into the kitchen and offers to stir the soup. I of course was delighted that he wanted to help. Unfortunately in my fog of joy I neglected to watch him. He proceeded to put the lid on the pot. You know what happens to split pea soup that is boiling away with the lid on??? Do you????DOOOO YOUUU???? It burns. Yes that's right. It freeking burns. Luckily I was able to save the soup (I managed to get it into another pot without stirring the burnt part so the burnt part didnt spread through the soup. Make sense??). All righty then. Now I am sort of peeved. I have managed to do maybe 3 problems and still have many to go as well as other work and dinner to make and all I really want to do is lay down and cry.

But now everything is all better. Dinner is over and mostly cleaned up. I have just one more math problem to go and then on to my other homework. The kids are also blessedly being quiet at the moment. It has nothing to do with my threats a few minutes ago. Nope, they just got up from their dinner, cleaned the kitchen and went upstairs to study. Yup, thats right. Cause they are angels. haha If you believed that one......Ok, so now maybe, just possibly, tomorrow will be better. Probably not but a girl can dream right?


OK, so it is also Monday so you know what that means right????


Monday: Spaghetti with sweet sausage and fried zuccini

Tuesday: Cheesy potato beef bake

Wednesday: stuffed pork chops, beans and potatoes

Thursday: leftovers and pea soup

Friday: Pizza



2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh Nic! Sorry it was such a sucky day. You are fantastic for being able to do everything you are doing. Hang in there.

Leeann said...

Girl, I say this every time but I so feel for you on the whole math thing. I can guarantee you I would be failing too and that is just the truth.
Your day sounds wacky crazy. Hopefully it was better and you got a little downtime tonight.

leeann