Friday, November 16, 2007

Beat that horse...

OK, I know I am beating a dead horse here but....Today I was working the book fair at my kids school. I run it every year and it is a lot of fun but a totally overwhelming commitment of my time. However, this year I was smart and got a lot of people to help me. I have finally come to the conclusion that I can't do it all alone. WOW! What a revelation. Anyway, back to that horse... My BFF (yea, I said BFF and yea, I am 41, you wanna make something of it?) Anyway, Trudi was helping me at the book fair so I skipped out to run a few errands. As I was leaving, I asked her to call around town to see if anyone had a Wii in stock. She was going to call me on my cell if anyone had any and I would go there. Well, wouldn't you know it but TRU had 4 Wii's in! Woo hoo! I was off! Of course of all days it took me a freaking 30 long nail biting minutes to get there when it normally would take me about 20 minutes. You know how annoying that was? Ok, well after I cussed out everyone around me for driving too slow and keeping me from my mission to get to TRU before anyone else got there, I finally arrived. I pulled in the parking lot and it was packed. I am talking parking- lot- full. What is going on here people? Why is everyone Christmas shopping so early? I just knew when I pulled in there that there was no way that one of those four Wii's would be available. But, heck I just drove 95 MPH to get there, I may as well check for myself right? SO I go in and go right to electronics (which was packed) and what do I hear??? I will tell you, "Sorry, we just sold the last Wii." GRR!!!!!!!!!! OK so back to the dead horse....I know, I am beating a dead horse here ,(I bet your minds went to that dirty place when you read the heading to this post-Didn't they? Go on, ADMIT IT!) but what is going on? Why don't these stores have them in stock? Yesterday another store said they were getting them in at 2:00. So we called at 2:00 and the very helpful person on the other end of the line confirmed that yes, they did get some Wii's in. They went on to say that we couldn't buy one though. Why? Why you ask?? I will tell you why, because it is a huge frigging conspiracy to whip all of us suckers(parents) into a frenzy. That's why. So this clerk did say that they would put them for sale on Sunday. So I guess that is where I will be bright and early Sunday morning. I was kind of hoping for one morning this week when I could actually sleep in past 6:30. Oh well.

1 comment:

semba04 said...

You have been tagged for the oddities meme... good luck.

:)