Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Did you know......

Did you know as of this minute(or at least as of this second in time in which I am writing blog post-not this actual second when you are reading it) (Wait, now I am confusing myself- Nevermind!), there are just 41 days, 17 hours and 17 minutes until Christmas! Now I know you think that is a long time. It sounds like a reasonable amount of time right? Time for you to prepare for that holiday we all love and look forward to every year...Well, you are wrong. 41 days is not a long time. Not when the main thing your kids want for Christmas is a Wii. Why you ask? Well, I will tell you. You can not find those freeking Wii's anywhere. They are SOLD OUT! Do you know how annoyed I am with Nintendo right now? I have half a mind to write them a letter! Now it is not like the Wii is brand new. It has been out for a year. There is no reason on earth why Nintendo couldn't make sure they have enough of these produced so that everyone who wants one, can actually get one. It isn't as if they are giving them away, either. They are charging a whopping $249.00 for them. And then you have to buy an extra controller and games. Before you know it you are getting a second mortgage on your house to pay for it. And that is only if you are one of the lucky few standing in line outside of Targetbestbuycircuitcityebgameswalmart, etc. when they get a shipment. And I am not talking about Black Friday either. Now my friend, now is the time when you have to start shlepping out at 5:00am just so you can maybe get in line with 50 other idiots for the 12 Wii's that are coming in on the truck at 11:00 am. Yup, that's the truth. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Leeann said...

I'm on the lookout for you, Nic. I stopped in at Gamestop at the mall and asked. They said they are expecting a few this week. I'll check later on and see if I can come up with anything for ya.
I hope I can. My boys are playing it right now and they really do enjoy it. My God there is a lot of yelling and jumping when they play it though! It sounds like the floor is going to buckle.

Leeann

Leeann said...

Hey Nic, I just popped up on your blog again through using the randomizer. Have you tried that yet? It is really fun.

Leeann

JMom said...

hi there, got here through the naBloPoMo randomizer.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that these companies create the shortage deliberately to create more hype for their products.

Like you, I think they are well able to supply the demand if they wanted to.

~JMom, blogging for NaBloPoMo @ Amoores.com