Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day. Two.

For the love of all that is holy, someone please, please pray for my children. Pray that they stop fighting. Pray that they suddenly decide that they love one another. Pray that they realize that I am actually a pretty cool mother who doesn't demand *that* much from them. Because seriously folks, I am going to lose it. It is day two. DAY.TWO. of their summer vacation and all they have done all day long is fight with one another. Primarily the older two but Brooks can add to the mix quite well even if he isn't the primary offender. I do realize it is about a bazillion degrees outside. And it didn't help that we had to run some errands today on top of all three of them having dentist appointments. But seriously folks, is it too much to ask for a 13 and 14 year old to sit in a waiting room and NOT fight with one another? Or not knock on the heating vent for 19 minutes straight just to piss their mother off? Not to mention the other poor people in the waiting room. So I am thinking, who can I farm a few kids off to? If anyone out there wants to save a mothers sanity, not to mention a few gray hairs, drop me a line. I need a break. And it is only DAY. TWO!!!

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Nic,

Time for boot camp.

Get crazy strict now for a few days and scare the crap out of them. Have them writing essays on their behavior. I am talking multiple-page essays. Have them research and create a report on world peace. Have them scrubbing the floor with a toothbrush. I mean it. Crack the whip everytime they are making you miserable and they'll either straighten up quickly or learn to argue where you can't hear it.

leeann