Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Worth a second or third or fourth look...

I swiped this from Lori at the Simple Life at Home. She is awesome and you should definitely check her blog out. This video is very touching and definitely something I needed to be reminded of. To stop ignoring others in need. To really look at them and remember that they are our brothers and sisters and we should be there for them just as Jesus would be. When we ignore those in need, we are turning our backs on Jesus. Really. I needed this reminder. Too often this time of year especially, we are too wrapped up in how to obtain stuff for our loved ones while walking right by people in genuine need. Or even just walking by someone ringing a bell outside of a store. I am going to try to shift my focus a little bit more to how I can help others.I am not sure exactly in what capacity I will do this or how well I will do at it, but that is my goal. I suppose an early new years resolution.




2 comments:

Leeann said...

Wasn't that video amazing?

Leeann

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Thanks for the kind words, Nic. Glad you enjoyed the video.