Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A good day


Yesterday, my family and I had the great fortune to attend the McCain-Palin meeting in Lancaster, PA. I was very happy to have been able to snag tickets, especially after I got there and saw hundreds?? of people standing in line hoping that they would be able to get in
(they were not lucky enough to get tickets). It was standing room only, which pretty much sucked as we were standing for hours, squashed together like sardines. Think mosh pit without the music. But it was all worth it in the end.

We were a few people back from the front and we were positioned front and center of the podium. So we had a great spot. But Brooks being short, couldn't see a thing. So I told him to just crawl between people's legs until he got to the front. Because he is so little, he wasn't blocking anyones view and a nice lady took him under her wing and let him stand in front of her. Which was wonderful because he was able to not only shake the hands of John McCain, Sarah Palin and Todd Palin, he also got his picture taken by a photographer and Sarah told him he was a little sweetheart. Which was very sweet of her.

The meeting itself was more of a rally so it was not exactly what I was expecting(it was supposed to be a Town Hall Meeting which is much better) but it was still exciting and great to hear them in person once again.

OK so I am not going to expound on the message of the meeting, you all have heard it before. Nah, I am going to keep it light.

First, Sarah Palin is beautiful. I thought she was attractive on TV but in person, she is a real knock out.
Todd on the other hand is a hottie. Really. She is very lucky to have such a handsome man by her side.

John, well lets face it, he is an older man and I wouldn't necessarily say he was hot anymore, very distinguished maybe, but not a hottie. I do however, think looking at the pictures of his youth, that he was a very handsome man.

I was incredibly impressed by the fact that John McCain reached back 4 or 5 people deep to make some sort of contact with people in the crowd. Now for anyone, that is a very nice thing. And I have no doubt that all politicians would try to do the same thing. But the fact that he can not lift his arms up easily makes me wonder if all of that reaching into the crowd with crazy people grabbing at him, isn't somewhat painful. Or at the very least a little bit scary. But he did his best to make eye contact with everyone and show his appreciation for their support.

After the meeting/rally, the kids were full of excitement over the experience and they were quite thrilled to be able to say that they have met George W. Bush, John McCain and Sarah Palin. Pretty cool!

Oh and we were also interviewed by a reporter for Fox Philadelphia. If you fast forward to the end, you will see yours truly.

Here are a few pictures Brooks took.

Brooks self portrait.










2 comments:

Gina said...

How exciting for you and the kids. And Nic.. you are amazingly beautiful.

Leeann said...

Nic,

I saw you! I saw you! And holy mama, do you look great! I saw Caitey too!

Leeann