Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh Oprah, how you disappoint...

I am not a huge Oprah fan anymore. Sure, my Tivo still records every show. This is primarily so that if something or someone truly special is on the show, I can watch it. More often than not it is just deleted unwatched. But I do occasionally tune in. Normally, Oprah's favorite things show would be one of those times when I would tune in. Not because I think Oprah is so smart or more cutting edge than the rest of us. No, I like to watch it because I love to see the audience acting like freaking idiots over the freebies she gives out. It is fun and exciting, and heck, I would love to be one of those people in the audience on that fave things show. Who wouldn't? Well that is until today. Today was a huge disappointment. All of us are capable of wracking our brains, researching, and searching out cheap things we can give to others that will be special for the recipient. But Oprah, honey, we look forward to your higher priced options. Not because we can afford all of them, but because maybe we can afford one or two things on your list. If I was in your audience I would have been really bummed. Come on, you can do better than this. The least you could have done is given everyone a Kindle. Really. The economy is your reason for this? Buying all those items for your audience and then endorsing them would actually serve as a boost to the economy. The way I see it, you owe us. You are hurting the economy.

No comments: