Thursday, August 14, 2008

Getting with it

People, I am so out of shape! I mean, seriously. I really need to get my act together. Mike finally bought that treadmill that he wanted. It was $1999.00 reduced to $949.00. So he got it and I plan to walk on it as well but when we were looking at treadmills, I kind of fell in like (not love because hello, it is still exercise) with a recumbent bike. So after debating it, researching them, etc. I decided to bite the bullet and buy one(it was only $179.00 and I had a $20.00 off coupon so really $159.00). I got it last night and after almost 2 hours spent putting the damn thing together, I went to bed. Ha! You thought I was going to say I took it for a spin right? Really, you don't know me at all. Anyway, I did take it for a stationary spin today and my lord! It is not so easy. After the first mile I thought I was going to die so I decided to stop there lol. I am letting my muscles recover and then I will try again. Maybe not going uphill this time. I am thinking I should start out a little slower. But it felt good and my butt did not hurt at all. So my goal is to either walk or ride at least 30 minutes 5 days a week and hopefully work up to an hour 3-5 days a week. I read that if you ride for 1 hour you can burn 1000 calories. That is pretty darn good. Plus it said that the recumbent bike works the same muscles as if you were doing squats so heck, that is a very good thing without the knee stress. So what do you do for exercise?

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh I mostly sit around and complain... that's not exactly exercise is it? LOL

binks said...

Exercise? Does blogging count?
My hubby & I lost about 20 pounds last year by diet & running/walking/biking no we are just blobs. Maybe we should start again.