Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hola!

Brooks and his teacher, Mr. Duggan. He absolutely loves his teacher this year. We are going to miss him! Well, hopefully we will keep in touch but we really wanted him to just move to 4th grade next year and keep the same kids. Yea, that sounds like a plan!
This past week was, well, crazy. First of all, did I mention I am a PTO officer for my kids PTO? Yea, I am. I have a few more weeks until I am cut free! Yea baby! My term as El Presidento is over in about 3 more weeks (give or take). Don't get me wrong, it's been fun but come on, three years is enough. Time to move on and let another sucka take over.(just kidding! Sort of...) So, I am working on transition and it isn't going as smoothly as I thought it would but I have faith that it will all work out in the end.


Anyway, last week the book fair at school. I love book fair. It is fun. The kids are excited and come on, books! What more could you ask for? So we had an ice cream social on Tuesday and book fair the rest of the week and then on Thursday I was chaperone on my sons field trip.( See pic above of Brooks and his most favorite teacher ever). Which was fun! We went to visit some caverns(not caves) there is a difference ya know. Closed the book fair up on Friday and on Saturday, went to youngest sons baseball game and then to his violin concert.(so cute). Then we took him out to dinner because honestly, the only reason he took violin this year was because I made him. And I made him because I made the other kids do it. And I have video of them and I wanted video of him. Does that make me a bad parent? I think not! lol It was really cute and you know what? He kind of liked it. He was the only boy at our school in beginning strings but once he got to the district concert, he realized that there were many other boys, some of whom are on his baseball and soccer teams. So it was all OK.

Before the concert I asked him where he was standing on the stage. I asked him to imagine I am looking at him. What side should I sit on, to see him? He said sit on the left. I am on the floor in the front row (he is really small). So we sat on the left. Our left. Well, he was on the right. Our right (his left). So we couldn't see him. AT ALL! Well, I saw his head but that's about it. Typical right? Grrr!!! Anyway, it was nice hearing the kids and well, I videoed Brooks after we got home. He doesn't want me to put it on here but I probably will anyway.


Today (Sunday) we just sort of hung around all day. Caitey had a youth group thing to go to so I took her and a friend and stopped at the grocery store and video store. We had chicken purchased pre-cooked from the grocery store. That's about it. Really, quite a relaxing weekend(despite the fact that Brooks had to change in the van for his concert between baseball and violin) lol.


The kids school year is winding down. This week I need to wrap a few things up with PTO and some more planning for our end of school year picnic. I also want to plant some more flowers and buy some fish for my container garden. That's it from here!

1 comment:

Leeann said...

YES, you must put the video of Brooks up here on your blog! I love seeing photos etc of your kids!

leeann